Welcome to my blog about horsey life in the North East - the good bits, bad bits, endless coffees and plenty of mud!

Friday 11 October 2013

Hat or no hat....Hat!!

I found this an interesting read Wear a riding Helmet even if Parelli doesn't

And it got me thinking - I'm not sure I could get on a horse if I didn't have my hat on, even for a moment.

I grew up being told to wear one, always wore one and now it's a no-brainer. I have a lot of trust in Rodney but I don't want to give him any more responsibility than he already has. I haven't fallen off him yet but I expect at some point I will and it makes me feel a bit safer to know I've got my lid on.



I always wear a hat to ride and often for groundwork too.


Riding is high risk so if I can reduce that risk, I like to think I will. Yet I don't wear a body protector or air jacket and I've no plans to change that - particularly with the latter, I find the price tag very off-putting.

What do you think? 

Ps - Perhaps Cady helped cement my view on safety the thousand or so times she opted to stand on her back legs and wave at me. I never much fancied a pat on the head from the little monkey...


No comments:

Post a Comment