Welcome to my blog about horsey life in the North East - the good bits, bad bits, endless coffees and plenty of mud!

Wednesday 8 May 2013

Distracted? Moi?

Yet another great blog that tapped me sharply on the back of the head.

Click here to read the complete post:

Building connection

This is the part that made me feel sheepish...


"All horses get distracted - but here's the real truth - if someone tells you "my horse is easily distracted", the person saying this is easily distracted. Distraction by the horse occurs either because the rider is distracted and not really paying attention or connected to the horse, so the horse is left to make its own decisions and choices, or because a second of distraction by the horse isn't instantly redirected back into whatever task they're doing together."

On paper I look like quite a focused person. In reality...scatter-brain doesn't cover it. I don't know if I'm coming or going. I live in my car, my inbox is always overflowing and I marvel at anyone who can remember their own birthday or to swap their slippers for shoes as they leave the house. If I wore glasses I'd have to staple them to my head to prevent from losing them.

So slap on the hand for me, because when Cady forgets she's doing a 20m circle and starts oggling the birds in the hedge next to the arena - it's not her fault! Naughty mummy....

No comments:

Post a Comment