Welcome to my blog about horsey life in the North East - the good bits, bad bits, endless coffees and plenty of mud!

Monday 19 November 2012

Your Horse Live 2012


For me, this is the event of the year. It's an injection of inspiration and ideas just as the nights turn pitch black and you have to remember how to tack up by feel alone.


God (left) Gold medal Goddess (right)


The best bits were too many to mention. A week on and the demos that have stuck with me the most were by Richard Maxwell and Jason Webb, who both dispensed a lot of common sense that I'm now learning to use with Rodney and Cady.


Sylvia hops on Indiano to piaffe

It was so exciting to see Carl and Charlotte in the same year they won the gold - I'm so happy to say I've seen them ride in the flesh.



Jason Webb and Queen Bee get underway with some spook busting


A week later and I was in Birmingham to see the Spanish Riding School and our dressage Olympians. Lee Pearson was incredible. He said: "“We’re only here once so if there’s something you want to do, do it. Working behind a desk drove me mad. People told me I wasn’t good enough and it was like a red rag to a bull.”


As easy as One...

Two

Three


I'll be keeping his words, and the words of all my horsey heroes, in my mind for the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment