Welcome to my blog about horsey life in the North East - the good bits, bad bits, endless coffees and plenty of mud!

Friday 11 May 2012

Swings and roundabouts

The rain subsided just long enough last night for Cady and me to have a swim. To be fair the arena is great so that's an exaggeration but we are all looking distinctly more webbed since the clouds opened for business. She was really good and I thoroughly enjoyed it - I rode for a whole 30 minutes - voluntarily! No one made me stay on or anything - a miracle. Usually we trot a circle and I decide I can't be fadged any more.


Here's photographic proof that Cady wore tack yesterday while I dusted the cobwebs off my head. It's an awful photo - I look like her creepy kidnapper.





In slightly more concerning news, Harvey has big fat back legs. I think he now has an abscess in his other hind so tonight I'm going to resurrect the stupid poultice. If there's no improvement by tomorrow I shall be calling the vet :( I still turned him (Harvey, not the vet) out in the field this morning, which felt like the right thing to do, but now I'm thinking it probably wasn't. Damned if you dee and damned if you divent eh? 



No comments:

Post a Comment